Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dining In: Clark's quiche, allrecipies.com

So for some strange reason I had a craving for quiche. I looked for a recipe and came across Clark's quiche from allrecipies.com. Not only did he have 400+ positive reviews; but his introductory paragraph stated that the recipe called for two pies because if you only bake one, you'll regret that you didn't bake two. Now if that doesn't make you want to try it out, I don't know what will. Even my other half loves it and this is a guy where you wouldn't look at him and think, " oh yeah, this guy eats quiche." This quiche is jammed packed with bacon, onion, ham, spinach and three kinds of cheeses. However, I believe his use of sour cream sets this quiche apart from the others I've had. I mean how genius is sour cream?! But that, it makes this meal not a skinny jeans kind of meal.

TIPS: (1)Poke your frozen pie crust with holes with a fork so it doesn't bubble.
(2)Pre-bake the crust before putting anything in so that it doesn't turn out mushy.
(3)When you do your final bake, cover the crust with foil so it doesn't burn.

Recommendations: I used Mrs. Smith's frozen crust, I liked how golden brown it came out to be. I have also used Marie Calendar's frozen crust and I don't prefer it. The color was not as nice and the crust turned out a little mushy.



http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clarks-Quiche/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...