Friday, July 30, 2010

Dining In: Morey's Salmon, Costco

Thank goodness for sample hour at Costco, because without this, I may never discover things amongst the thousands of products they have.  By the way, I have no problem saying I fore go the $2 pepperoni pizza to make room for sample hour.   Anyways, back to why I'm writing.  I cooked Morey's marinated wild salmon, from the freezer isle and this is pretty awesome.  Its marinated with oil, paprika, onion, garlic and other spices but most importantly packs a surprising punch.  The package includes 6 filets at around $15, which I think is a good deal for salmon.  Now the box offers several ways to cook it; I prefer baking so it doesn't dry out as fast.  After it's just about ready, I like to place the filet skin side down a pan so it's nice and crispy.  The broccoli is steamed, seasoned with salt and pepper, and/or if you're Filipino, dip in vinegar :) With the rice, I actually take some of the marinate that has fallen onto the baking pan after the fish is done cooking, and mix it into the rice to add more flavor.  I don't know about you guys, but being Asian and eating rice all the time, I get sick of the same white or fried rice.  This whole thing takes less than a half hour to prepare and I'm for anything that will put dinner quickly on the table without having to go fast food all the time.


1 comment:

  1. You convinced me, next time I go to Costco I am definitely going to buy some.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...