Thursday, December 2, 2010

Slaters 50/50, Anaheim Hills CA

Now what does the 50/50 stand for in Slater’s 50/50 you ask?  Why I’ll tell you. It’s burger patties that are 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon.  You heard me, 50% BACON!  You might say, now that’s just wrong, but that’s what makes it even more exciting.  Come prepared with an appetite, because you will definitely need it.  You can order burgers here two ways, either try one of their signature burgers or create your own off of the “design it” menu.  The Design it menu consists of seven different burger patties, including veggie and turkey, in three sizes and your choice of over 60 different toppings.  Unfortunately we didn’t go for appetizers as we knew that we wouldn’t be able to handle it if we weren’t starving.  This visit, we went the signature route and wanted try what they are known for first.

IMG_0089

This is the Flamin’ Hot burger with a spicy beef patty, pepper jack cheese, fried onion strings, chipotle mayo, and a roasted green chili.  The burger is a 50/50 patty at 2/3 lbs AFTER cooking.  I personally, can tolerate it if more heat were added, but it still has a kick that even the more capsaicin (the active ingredient in peppers) sensitive ones can handle.  I really love the flavor the roasted green chili adds, because it made the burger feel more organic, although it probably isn’t.  Quite frankly I don’t know why I haven’t seen more burger places add roasted chilies on their burgers but they should.

IMG_0090

The burger that Slater’s is best known for besides the 50/50 patty itself, the peanut butter and jelly burger on a  1/3 lb. 50/50 patty topped with bacon.  Oh yes my friend, you read this right.  I was so happy I did my internet research because it paid off.  As odd as it sounds, the salty and sweet flavors are very complimentary.  The salty and sweet comes from the the bacon and jelly obviously, and the rich and creaminess of the peanut butter help bring everything together.  The two boys sitting with me thought I was crazy when I ordered this but I assure you, I converted them into believers.  My only regret is that I didn’t order this with a glass of milk. 

Rating: 5/5 Napkins

Budget: $-$$, Can be as inexpensive as under $10 if you just stick to a burger, and believe me you’ll be satisfied, to up to $20 if you get appetizers and/or how complex you want your “design it” burger to be.

www.slaters5050.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...