Friday, April 8, 2011

Dining In: Chicken Pot Pie

 

DSC_0648

For some strange reason I had a craving for pie crust.  I didn’t want to bake a pie because I still had dinner to worry about.  This pot pie was one of the ones with the best reviews on allrecipes.com.  Of course, unless it comes to baking sweets, recipes are just guidelines.  So the changes I made was that I omitted the peas, just because I’m not a peas kind of gal; and then before you move onto step three, I lightly sprinkled thyme and parsley over the cooked chicken and veggies just to give it some herbed-earthy flavor.  Now this is my favorite, I made a small batch of garlic parsley butter with minced garlic and two tablespoons of butter.  While the pie is baking, when there is about ten minutes left on the timer, I brushed the top crust with the garlic butter Smile .

Tips:

Poke holes with a fork and pre-bake the bottom pie crust on 350 degree for about 10 minutes.  The holes prevent big air bubbles and the pre-bake prevent complete bottom crust mushiness.

Cover the edges with foil so it doesn’t bake too fast.

Suggestions:

For the bottom crust, I used Mrs. Smiths pie crust in the frozen isle because it’s already molded to the pan and ready to go.  For the top crust, I used Pillsbury nine inch crust in the refrigerated isle because it rolls over the and then seal the pie by molding the top crust to the crimping the bottom crust already has shaped out.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Pot-Pie-IX/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Pot pies are tasty with different type of meat into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...