Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bruxie–Sweet edition

We are finally on part two of the Bruxie entry.  For more details on the Bruxie establishment itself and quick facts, refer to the Bruxie- Savory edition.  When you do make the stop to Bruxie, you have to save room for dessert.  You will be so disappointed if you don’t.  And if you thought your moaning was offensive while you were eating your savory sandwich, just wait until you eat your dessert.  I’m pretty sure making those kinds of noises and along with crude comments constitutes as public indecency, especially when this is a family restaurant and there are children around.

IMG_0442

Peanut Butter and Jelly:  Puts the classic PB&J sandwich to shame.  If you introduce this to your kids, you can never send them off to school with a regular PB&J sandwich again.  It better come in a waffle and it better come with a Bruxie waffle.

IMG_0337

Smores:  Drizzled with chocolate gouache and smothered in an in-house made marshamllow cream that’s toasted with a torch, if it weren’t for the specials I could call this my favorite waffle sandwich of the bunch, but keep in mind everything falls closely behind.   However, because there are specials and as you’ll see with the last waffle sandwich featured, I’ll call this my favorite regular menu item.

Smores_Bruxie

Hazelnut, Cream and Banana:  Need I say more?  It’s rich, creamy, and everything you need to worsen your cavities.  But believe me, the trip to the dentist is worth it.  I mean sure I couldn’t feel half my face and kept drooling on that side after my appointment, but I definitely would not take it back.

IMG_0444

Strawberry crème brulee:  Do not wait to kick yourself in the ass when strawberry season is over and lost your opportunity to have this.  I didn’t know you could put crème brulee in a sandwich but Bruxie has made it work, and perfectly.  You taste the custard that you would get from crème brulee but you also get the crunch and texture of the torched sugar.  Top that off with fresh strawberries, and you’re going to need some along time with this.

For rating, budget, and tips, refer back to the savory edition of  Bruxie but you really don’t need to look back to guess what my rating for this place would be.

www.bruxie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...