Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dessert First: Pizookie at BJ’s Brewery

 

I know that Pizookies at BJ’s is not exactly a discovery and that everybody knows about it, but they’re just so good that I have to give them some special attention.  I mean you attempt baking an oversized cookie at home and slapping some ice cream on top, and while its suffices if you don’t feel like spending $6, there’s just something about the original that can’t be beat.  I think is has to do with not just the cookie dough itself but also the pan it gets baked in.  It gives it that edge that’s slightly overdone to a perfection, like when people fight over brownie edges.

Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate:  Now I honestly did not pay attention if this is a limited offer or if it is a permanent item on the menu, but I hope this one sticks around.  The cookie tastes like a dark chocolate cookie, which is a huge score for dark chocolate lovers but is not so good for those who don’t favor dark chocolate.  However, this is my blog and not yours so I get to write about it and represent the dark cocoa lovers.  The ice cream is not rocket science, it’s just regular chocolate ice cream but is great the ice cream counters the slight bitterness from the dark chocolate cookie.  And then it’s topped with a Ghirardelli milk chocolate, which I believe is the third component for this triple chocolate Pizookie.  I think that’s a bit of a shaft but that’s just my opinion.  Nevertheless, it’s still an overall great Pizookie and would gladly order this again.

 

IMG_04322

Oreo Pizookie:  Hands down, this is my favorite Pizookie; above the chocolate chip, the white chocolate macadamia nut and all the others.  Cream filling from an Oreo cookie set aside, just imagine baking the Oreo cookie dough and having it come straight from the oven, all soft and warm and having that signature chocolate flavor that everyone knows from Oreo.  Then you slather some vanilla ice cream and top it off with Oreo flavored whipped cream.  I wish pictures alone could do it justice, but then again, that’s what eating is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...