Sunday, August 22, 2010

Garlic Festival: To Die For… Because you will

DSC_0082

 

Freshly picked corn THAT day, or so it says, with garlic butter.  Garlic butter aside, the freshness of the corn is what truly makes this special.  I’ve always had frozen corn or corn from a grocery store, with who knows how long its been sitting, but never I thought anything of it.  But once you’ve had corn as fresh as this, you can really taste the difference.  The corn is perfectly sweet but not too sweet, and each bite is crisp but not like raw crisp.

IMG_0416

Butter garlic bread, and let me tell you they loaded up the butter.  I actually got to see them making this and let me tell you it made me want to find a cardiologist.  They literally toast it then dunk it in bins full of melted herbed garlic butter.  Don’t bother ripping a piece in half because the butter will just drip off when you squeeze it.  Be prepared to sacrifice some cardiac vessels but it’s totally worth it.

IMG_0411

I would say the star of the festival, shrimp scampi :) :) :) What’s even worse/ better, depending on how you look at it, is that dipping the garlic butter bread in the excess scampi sauce is absolutely to die for.  There something about it that oddly enough made it unique and something unlike any scampi I’ve ever eaten, yet there was also something so familiar.  I was fortunate enough to catch a demonstration of this being made and I will tell you two secret ingredients that sets this scampi apart from the rest: clam juice, and lobster butter.  The clam juice is what made it unique, yet familiar at the same time.  Not only that, but I didn’t even know lobster butter existed!  Everything about the scampi was pure genius.  If you’re allergic to shellfish, take a preemptive Zyrtec, and Claritin together, and if you go into shock anyways, you’ll pass away at your happiest moments.

1 comment:

  1. I will eat the Shrimp Scampi again rightfully so without antihistamines. That's how good it is. After hitting up the Garlic Festival, I did not have a single urge to attend the recent O.C. Fair or any fair...and that corn...wow o wow. I must visit again in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...